Import and Export Regulations in Indonesia (Prohibited and Restricted items)
Importing or exporting to another country can often be a daunting task if you are not sure about the various regulations. Be it sending or receiving parcels, odd size items or cargo for your business, it is important to be aware of the prohibited and restricted items for import and export. In this article, we would cover Indonesia, as the rules for import and export varies between countries, we would address the various countries in the coming weeks. For more articles in relation to Indonesia, shipping and logistics, click here. If you are intending to make a shipment to or from Indonesia, click here
Lets get started!
Importing to Indonesia: Prohibited (Meaning that they are strictly not allowed)
All commercial or merchandised goods as part of a baggage are prohibited. If there are infringements, it will be charged at IDR 25,000 for each piece. Using cardboard boxes as a form of luggage is not allowed as well.
Importing to Indonesia: Restricted (Meaning that they are allowed but conditions apply)
– Video cameras, portable radio cassette recorder, binoculars and sport equipment may be imported by tourists provided also exported upon departure. As such, tourists should not leave the aforementioned items in Indonesia
– Passengers not entering on a tourist visa have to pay duties for photographic and film cameras unless this equipment is registered in their passport by the Indonesian Customs during previous occasions. Film pre-recorders, video tapes, video laser disc, records and computer software must be screened by the censor board first before they are allowed to be brought in.
-Chinese medicines and printings, narcotics, firearms and ammunition, pornographic materials, fresh fruits, cordless telephones are not permitted except for those who are holding a licence
– Indonesia has an objective of becoming a rabies free country. As such, dogs or cats require import permit issued by the Directorate General of Livestock Service together with good health and rabies vaccination certificate issued by an authorized Government Veterinarian in the country of origin. For more information on the importation of pets, you can click here.
Exporting From Indonesia: Free to Export
– 1000 grams of tobacco or 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes for persons of 21 years and older
– Less than 2 litres of alcoholic beverages in opened bottles and personal goods up to a value of IDR 1,000,000.
Exporting From Indonesia: Restrictions
Export taxes have been introduced for untreated skins, tanned leather and coal. Furthermore, if you are exporting gold dust, ingots or bars, they have to be inspected by the authorities first. Products linked to oil or timber also need to have export licences before the shipment is being made.
Exporting From Indonesia: Prohibitions
It is prohibited to export timber (Unless you are licensed to do so), live fishing products, untreated reptile skins, iron waste and scrap (excluding Batam) and animals and wild plants protected by the CITES. We would address wild plants and animals in the future.
Comment below your thoughts and share this among you friends. If you would like to speak with us, click here or drop us and email to [email protected] kargo.co.id
5 Replies to “Import and Export Regulations in Indonesia (Prohibited and Restricted items)”
Where can I get the List of Prohibitted HS code to Import to Indonesia and restricted list ?
I want to know how do I export fabric to Indonesia
How about exporting stock fabrics material to Indonesia from Korea.
Dear Sir or Mdm,
Please kindly adv us can we send samples & export by containers fm Indonesia to China Port. Samples : Gaharu Buaya from Kalimantan Tengah !
Kindly help us if HS Code 853190, 853650 are a restricted material for import.